First seizure – unconsciousness, epileptic seizure, etc. – can cause severe panic to the patient themselves, as well as their relatives, therefore GK Neiroklīnika has organised the possibility of receiving a consultation after the first seizure. The objective of this consultation is to find out the conditions, feelings, expectations of events, etc., with the purpose of performing further examinations and determining the cause of the seizure, as well as finding appropriate solutions for the future. The consultation lasts for approximately 30 minutes. No special preparation for the consultation is required.
Learn how you can improve the quality of your sleep. Introduce the sleep diary at the same time. It will help you notice causal relations and, probably, make the corrections you require. Sleep diary will prove very useful, if you plan a visit to a sleep disorder specialist.
Sleep hygiene rules – 15 recommendations for healthy sleep
- Keep a consistent sleep schedule. Get up at the same time every day, even on weekends or during vacations.
- Set a bedtime that is early enough for you to get at least 7 hours of sleep.
- Don’t go to bed unless you are sleepy.
- If you don’t fall asleep after 20 minutes, get out of bed.
- Establish a relaxing bedtime routine.
- Use your bed only for sleep and sex.
- Make your bedroom quiet and relaxing. Keep the room at a comfortable, cool temperature (15-20 C˚)
- Limit exposure to bright light in the evenings.
- Turn off electronic devices at least 30 minutes before bedtime.
- Don’t eat a large meal before bedtime. If you are hungry at night, eat a light, healthy snack.
- Exercise regularly and maintain a healthy diet.
- Avoid consuming caffeine in the late afternoon or evening.
- Avoid consuming alcohol before bedtime.
- Reduce your fluid intake before bedtime.
- Keep daytime nap below 20 minutes.
Two week sleep diary
Immunity is non-susceptibility that may be either congenital (genetically predetermined) or acquired (developed during the life after natural or artificially induced (immunisation) exposure to particular disease agents).
The immune system allows us to live and survive in this world, by protecting our body from everything that is strange and dangerous (bacteria, viruses, fungi, parasites, stress, radiation, non-systematic use of medications and other factors) and in the event of any extreme conditions.
Consequences of poor sleep. The positive health effects of good quality sleep. Sleep diary. When to see a specialist.
Sleep is one of the elements that is essential for everyone’s quality of life. Good sleep can significantly improve quality of life and health, while a lack of sleep can have a negative impact both on one’s personal and professional life.